For Residential Home Cleaning
For Vacation Rental Hosts
How to Declutter Your Living Room and Make It Shine
Living rooms are called that for a reason: they’re where we spend the majority of our time at home, and the first areas our guests see. So it’s no surprise that giving the living room a superb cleaning is a priority for most homeowners.
Outsourcing your cleaning to a tried-and-true maid service in Santa Monica is the surest way to get a sparkling clean living room. It also has the benefit of giving you a few hours of leisure time that you can spend having fun with your friends and family at the Santa Monica Pier.
In this article, we’ll answer some frequently asked living room cleaning questions. We’ll also tell you where you can hire top-notch cleaners that can attend to all your cleaning needs, including keeping your shower clean and making sure your toilet is spotless. Read on.
How do I declutter my living room?
Unlike most other types of cleaning, clutter is a 100% preventable problem. The best way to deal with it is to make sure everyone in your household develops clutter-reducing habits. Doing so will save you a huge amount of time and energy in the long run.
These habits include:
Not leaving clothes on the floor or on furniture.
- Teaching your kids to store their toys on designated shelves once they’re done playing with them.
- Training your pets not to climb on couches, chairs, etc.
- Washing the dishes right after use, or at least dropping them in the sink or the dishwasher.
- Having a designated spot where phone chargers, tablets, and similar devices are stored when not in use.
- Throwing out old magazines and newspapers rather than letting them pile up.
- Always storing TV remotes, game controllers, headphones, and so on, at a specific shelf when not using them.
How long does it take to clean a living room?
It’s impossible to give a clear-cut answer to this question simply because every living room is unique. The best you can do is take stock of your household and your living room, and try to make a rough estimate.
Factors that affect the time it takes to clean a place include:
- Size. Larger areas take longer to clean.
- Resident habits. Some individuals are considerably more (or less) tidy than others. This will have a direct effect on how fast dirt and clutter builds up, and how long it takes to clean it all.
- Location. Certain locales get a lot more moisture, mud, dust, and other dirt.
- Is there a rug? Rugs are wonderful, but thoroughly cleaning an area rug takes a long time and can prolong your living room cleaning by quite a bit.
How do you clean a messy living room fast?
We advise against doing this, as trying to rush a cleaning invariably results in a lot of missed spots that require additional cleaning later on. This completely defeats the purpose of cleaning quickly in the first place.
That being said, you can speed up your cleaning by:
- Gathering all your cleaning products in an easy-to-carry basket so as to avoid repeat trips to the laundry room.
- Cleaning upper areas first and working your way down to the lower ones. This causes excess dust and dirt to fall to the floor where it can be easily vacuumed later on.
What’s a second-to-none maid service in Santa Monica?
The most effective way to get a squeaky clean home is to let the experts do it for you. Here at Maid This, we team up with outstanding cleaning pros who have the skills and the tools needed to achieve the very highest standards of cleanliness.
Schedule your cleaning today in less than a minute by using our straightforward booking form, then kick back and watch as your place is transformed into a pristine paradise.