Using our comprehensive house cleaning checklist ensures everything gets cleaned
How This Cleaning Checklist Can Simplify Your Life
It’s interesting to note that the average person can spend their entire lifetime cleaning their house without ever getting it done the right way. As professional cleaners, we can state with confidence that there is a right way and a wrong way to clean a house. We feel the right way requires the use of cleaning checklists to keep the process organized. The organization holds the key to ensuring everything gets done.
No one is expecting you to clean your house every day. With that said, a responsible person would tidy up each day so “cleaning day” is a little easier to handle. Here are some suggestions of things that should be on your daily cleaning checklist:
- Make your bed
- Take out the trash
- Run the feather duster over your furniture
- Do the dishes and put them away
- Wipe down bathroom and kitchen countertops and sinks
Your weekly cleaning checklist should be a lot more comprehensive. Unlike your daily cleaning schedule, your weekly cleaning schedule is best employed on the same day every week to establish “the cleaning habit.” Your weekly checklist will make sure you address every room and should include the following tasks:
- Change sheets and towels
- Scrub and disinfect all plumbing fixtures, including sinks and bathtubs/showers
- Clean and disinfect wastebaskets
- Clean flooring
- Dust and polish all furniture
- Wipe down bathroom and kitchen countertops and cabinets
- Clean mirrors
- Wipe down ceiling fans, light fixtures, and HVAC grates
Your monthly cleaning checklist should direct you to a higher level of cleaning, something that falls between weekly cleaning and spring cleaning. While including the requisite weekly cleaning tasks, your monthly checklist should also include:
- Shake out rugs
- Wash inside windows and window coverings
- Cleanout and organize refrigerator and freeze
- Clean all small appliances (microwave, coffee maker, blender, etc.)
- Mold loves dark wet places where it can quickly spread.
- Clean leather and upholstered furniture
- Clean dryer vents
Room-by-Room Cleaning Tips and Tricks
Now that you have some guidance related to what needs to be done and when it needs to be done, it would seem prudent to break everything down by room. With that in mind, here are some useful tips you can use to make sure every room gets the cleaning it needs and deserves.
Don’t be surprised if your kitchen is the one place where you need to focus on little details and use a little extra “elbow grease.” Your kitchen cleaning checklist should include:
- Clean the refrigerator and oven inside and outside
- Clean and organize cabinets and cupboards
- Clean small appliances
- Clean countertops, including the grout
- Scrub sinks
- Clean dishwasher
- Clean out drains as needed
- Clean and disinfect under the sink
- Mop and wax floors
Since the bathroom is where you will be cleaning yourself, you want it to be clean and smelling fresh. Your bathroom cleaning checklist should include:
- Scrubbing and disinfecting plumbing fixtures (sinks, tub, and shower enclosure)
- Clean mirrors
- Wipe down and organize cabinets and closets
- Mop and wax bathroom floors
- Clean baseboards
- Clean light fixtures and towel handing software
- Change towels and washcloths regularly
After scrubbing bathrooms and the kitchen, cleaning a bedroom will seem like a “walk in the park.” Your bedroom cleaning checklist per room should include:
- Bedding – change linens, fluff pillows, flip mattresses
- Dust and polish all furniture and light fixtures
- Clean windows and window coverings
- Vacuum, mop and or wax floors
- Cleanout and organize drawers and closets
- Clean trash baskets
- Clean baseboards and doors/doorjambs
Heading out the door, your living room might be the last room to get a cleaning. Your living room cleaning checklist should include:
- Dust and polish furniture, light fixtures, and trinkets
- Clean flooring, including throw rugs
- Clean leather and upholstery
- Clean baseboards and doors/doorjambs
- Clean fireplace area
- Clean windows and window covering
- Organize tabletop and display cabinets
You can do this. After all, Abraham Lincoln once said, “Discipline is choosing between what you want now and what you want most.”
Why Choose MaidThis Denver
If you find yourself in need of expert housekeeping assistance, look no further than MaidThis Denver. Our comprehensive range of top-tier cleaning services is not only competitively priced but also comes with a rock-solid 100% customer satisfaction guarantee. Your peace of mind is our priority, and we’re eagerly awaiting your call to provide you with the cleaning solutions you deserve. Don’t hesitate, let MaidThis Denver transform your living space today!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you suggest a logical way to clean a house?
Yes, indeed. It’s essential to begin your cleaning routine at the back of the house and progress towards either the front or back door. This strategic approach effectively minimizes the risk of tracking dust and dirt into rooms that you’ve just painstakingly cleaned, ensuring that your efforts are not in vain.
Can you suggest a logical way to clean a room?
Absolutely, that’s the right approach. When cleaning a room, always start at the back and work your way towards the door. Remember to clean from the ceiling down to the floor. This method ensures that you tackle dust and debris in a systematic manner, leaving your space looking its best from top to bottom.
Should I use checklists for other parts of the house?
That’s a fantastic suggestion. Creating a checklist for often overlooked areas like the laundry room, attic, basement, and connected garage is a smart way to ensure that no space in your home goes neglected. With a detailed checklist in hand, you can stay organized and make sure these areas receive the cleaning attention they deserve, contributing to a more comprehensive and thorough home cleaning routine.
Are the checklists offered above the same ones your cleaners use?
Yes. We work very hard to make sure that our customers get the same quality of services regardless of the cleaner. The use of these checklists ensures that our professional cleaners are approaching the cleaning process the right way, which is the MaidThis Denver way.
A Final Tip for You
Now that you have the ultimate cleaning checklist, consider relieving your workload by letting professionals like MaidThis handle the cleaning. MaidThis is a trusted nationwide cleaning agency dedicated to giving you the freedom to relax and enjoy your leisure time, as Aristotle once wisely said, “The end of labor is to gain leisure.”