You’ve solemnly sworn that your newly-painted walls are going to remain as flawless as they were the moment their painting was finished, no matter what. Cleaning services Brentwood, which often step in for homeowners struggling to keep wall paint fresh and clean, have some time-tested methods to recommend to you. To achieve a more lasting wow effect, it might be best to find local house cleaning services immediately after finishing any home improvement project, but you can also give the following DIY option a try!
Preventive care and maintenance
Unless you decide it’s time to find local house cleaning services capable of maintaining your walls fresh, smooth and impeccable, you’ll have to go it alone. Not to worry, though – keeping the paint on your walls looking fresh is all about regular maintenance and prevention. The more effort you put into prevention, the less work you’ll have later on.
The best method for preventing dust from gathering on the walls is using the vacuum cleaner with the soft dusting brush attachment. You should then use a mop to wipe the walls down, preferably after applying a dusting agent.
You should eliminate any spots, marks, fingerprints as soon as you spot them. You should wipe them away but be careful not to use too much water.
DIY all-purpose stain-remover
To make the solution, you’ll need a quart of warm water, a teaspoon of liquid dish detergent and a quarter of a teaspoon of white vinegar. Apply the solution on a stain and allow to sit for 10 minutes before blotting with a dry, clean sponge. To avoid the risk of having the dye of the sponge transfer onto the wall, make sure you use a natural sponge.
Wall cleaning don’ts
- If you decide to wash the walls, you’ll have to wash one whole wall in one go
- Taking breaks midway through the process of washing a wall leads to wash marks
- Make sure you wash the walls from the bottom up and from side to side
- Abrasive cleaners are a no-go – they can damage the smooth surface of your wall or wallpaper
- Get yourself an art eraser and use it to gently remove smudges and fingerprints
- Give the cleaner a test run on a small wall surface area in some tucked away corner of the room
- Be gentle and patient – there’s no going back once the damage’s been done
- Make sure the sponges or mops are damp, not wet, especially when dealing with wallpapers
- Wash walls with latex-based paint gently, then rinse them with another sponge and clear water
- Walls with oil-based paint and added texture may require deep cleaning
- Use the so-called dry sponge, sold in hardware stores, to remove dirt without moisture
With MaidThis, you’ll easily find local house cleaning services willing to go the extra mile!
Looking to find local house cleaning services that meet your strict criteria for cleanliness ? Count on MaidThis to refer to you the most dedicated professionals in the business. They’ll keep every wall, nook and cranny of your home looking fresh and spotless! Call MaidThis and let’s do this!