A lot of homeowners feel stressed when dealing with housework. They may feel overwhelmed, frustrated or bored when it comes to keeping their home fresh and tidy. What’s causing this, and how could you stop being so frustrated while tidying up?
Hiring maid services from Pasadena, CA, is the best way out. The professionals will make your home spick and span, and you won’t need to worry about any mess. But if you want to face this challenge on your own, read the article below as we explain what may be triggering your tension and how to free yourself of it once and for all. Read on!
Why is cleaning so overwhelming for me?
There are 4 common reasons why homeowners may find themselves overwhelmed when taking care of their homes. Let’s take a look at them:
- Holding yourself to an unrealistic standard: Comparison to commercials and social media posts may add to your overall dissatisfaction. How can other people keep their living spaces so impeccable and enjoy doing it, and you can’t? The truth is, many people feel about household chores the same way you do. The perfectly organized houses you see online don’t provide a realistic illustration of a home affected by a busy family life.
- Lack of organization: The second reason for your underlying stress may be a poorly devised housekeeping plan. If you spend every weekend scrubbing around your home, no wonder you feel down.
- Too many products: Another factor that can contribute to your distress while cleaning is too many unnecessary products. The considerable pile of these chemicals can be unsettling, making you constantly wonder if you used the proper dosage and the right chemical for the surface.
- Not enough help: Dusting and decluttering your home on a daily basis may bore and overwhelm you as you need to repeat the same tasks over and over again. Dealing with your clutter-filled home can be overburdening if you do it all yourself. If other family members just keep making a mess without taking part in chores, this can make you even more frustrated.
How do you stop being stressed about cleaning?
Now that we know what may cause frustration and stress while cleaning let’s see what you can do about it.
- Set feasible goals: As we said before, an occupied home will never look as shiny as those houses you see on the Internet. Strive to clean your space to keep it organized and disinfected, trying to find the right balance. Establish realistic standards for yourself, and abide by them.
- Create a rounded maintenance plan: Divide cleaning tasks into smaller chunks and schedule them in advance. This way, you won’t have to spend your entire weekend dusting and mopping your home.
- Don’t hoard unnecessary cleaning products: You don’t need a product specially designed for each surface. While some areas like the toilet or the oven do require special solutions, a few old multipurpose cleaners will help you with most of your work.
- Get your family members involved. They need to learn to take responsibility for the mess they leave behind, and it’ll be fun if you work together. Making teams and organizing a cleaning competition with energetic music can motivate everyone to participate.
Where can I find dependable maid services in Pasadena, CA?
You may be well aware of the connection between germs and dirt and the importance of keeping your space clean, but simply don’t find the work relaxing or easy. This means that it’s time to rely on MaidThis to put your mind at ease.
We can match you with reliable and experienced cleaners in Pasadena and the vicinity. Let them work their magic while you take a break from everything and enjoy a show at Pasadena Playhouse. Schedule an appointment today!