Whenever you tidy up your home, your primary concern is to get the job done as quickly as possible. Nothing is more precious to you than your free time. But do you ever think about your family’s or your safety? What kind of cleaning supplies do you use? Are they really appropriate, or are they just random products bought at a store?
Hiring maid services from Manhattan Beach, CA, can put your mind at ease, as these professionals are trained to handle cleaning tasks safely and efficiently. But if you want to learn more about how to stay safe while making your household hygienic, we provide eight crucial tips for you today. Read on!
How do you stay safe while cleaning?
Cleaning is a very serious task not just because it’s connected to your household’s hygiene but also because it’s closely related to your family’s safety. Just imagine the consequences of inhaling toxic fumes while cleaning. Or even worse, what if your kids play with hazardous substances?
Luckily, there is something you can do to prevent these home accidents. Here are eight crucial cleaning safety tips to help you out.
1. Store harmful chemicals away from your kids and pets. Little ones are usually curious and like to investigate around the house. That’s why you need to keep chemicals in their original child-proof packages on the top shelf or in a locked bathroom cabinet. This way, you’ll be absolutely sure your beloved ones can’t reach, swallow or inhale them.
2. Always keep the area well-ventilated while cleaning, as some products release fumes that can cause headaches, nausea, and allergic reactions.
3. Wear appropriate shoes. Make sure your shoes are stable and traction-enhancing. This will reduce the chances of tripping and falling.
4. Protect yourself by wearing appropriate PPE (gloves, mask, safety glasses). For example, if you’re sprucing up your attic or dealing with your dusty garage, wear gloves, a facemask, and safety glasses, as dust concentration is probably very high there. Also, you might use bleach or hydrogen peroxide while dealing with your bathroom. These chemicals can endanger your health when inhaled or if they get in touch with your eyes or skin, so wearing adequate protective gear is essential.
5. Read the labels carefully to get a better insight into the product you’re about to use and how to apply it properly and safely.
6. Avoid mixing different cleaning agents, as this can cause unpredictable, sometimes lethal, chemical reactions.
7. Don’t use a feather duster, as it increases the risk of dust inhalation. Brooms aren’t a good idea either for the same reason. But if you need to remove large pieces of debris, a broom is unavoidable, as you don’t want to damage your vacuum cleaner. In this case, PPE is a must.
8. Food and cookware should never get in contact with cleaners. Remove these items from your counters before you apply any solution to them. Also, before you put everything back, double-check if any chemical residue is left. It’s always a good idea to rinse everything thoroughly to ensure no traces of harsh substances remain.
Where can I find trustworthy maid services for my household in Manhattan Beach, CA?
Keeping your household pristine can sometimes be really challenging. But don’t worry. You have a dependable cleaning partner at your service. MaidThis is waiting for your call.
We select professionals based on a rigorous screening process. They also go through comprehensive training to meet strict hygiene standards. So, relax at Polliwog Park, and let the experts we send in give your home a thorough scrub. Schedule an appointment now!
Find A Location Near Me