It’s getting increasingly difficult to ignore the abominable state of your home, not to mention the ever-mounting list of household chores. Unless you hire first-rate house cleaning services Brentwood soon, the situation will get out of hand. You have no idea how to have a clean home unless you fully apply yourself on daily basis, which is time-consuming and no fun at all.
But that’s no reason to feel disheartened! What you need to do is be persistent and patient, focus and take pride in small victories. Enter our amazing tips and tricks to make upholstery look as good as new, with a world of difference between the current state of your upholstery and the end-result!
Mix alcohol, vinegar and some lemon to make your own upholstery cleaner that you’ll keep close at hand.
Sprinkle baking soda to get rid of unpleasant smells, let sit for 20 minutes and vacuum it up.
Use paint to give your shabby furniture a fresh new look. Add details such as new cushions and you’re done!
Vacuuming is of the essence
Whether you’re dealing with stains or not, regular vacuuming prevents the dust from settling into the fabric. If you’re diligent with this, you’ll never need deep cleaning. If you have pets, use a squeegee followed by vacuuming to get rid of pet hair stuck in the upholstery.
The horror – fresh stains on upholstery
A fresh stain on the upholstery is not the end of the world, but it does require a quick response. Just make sure you follow these steps:
- Blot with a white cloth immediately – unlike rubbing which only causes more damage, blotting absorbs much of the stain
- Sprinkle corn starch on the stain and let it sit for half an hour, then vacuum up
- Mix mild soap and water and apply the solution to the spot with a clean cloth before resorting to any other cleaner (after testing its effect on a piece of fabric hidden from view)
- After the spot dries up completely, brush the fabric in the appropriate direction
Crackdown on set-in stains on upholstery
Wondering how to have a clean home if you’ve got ancient upholstery stains on your hands but no intention of buying brand new stuff in the near future? You do not need a full-on home remodeling project as long as you can keep your old furniture clean as a whistle. Here’s how to tackle set-in stains:
- vacuuming to fade the stain and get rid of the loose particles
- do a discreet spot test to find the best cleaner or check the cleaning instructions
- use the iron to treat the stain with steam
- start cleaning: try to blot the stain instead of rubbing it to avoid weakening the fabric
- a soap mixture should be your first choice; if it fails, try using vinegar or alcohol, and if that doesn’t work, go for the heavy-duty cleaners
- rinse and check if you’ve made progress – it may take several attempts before you succeed
How to have a clean home when your home’s a bottomless pit of housework? By calling MaidThis, of course!
MaidThis is at your disposal to connect you with a professional maid who will go the extra mile for your benefit. Our cleaning wiz will not only leave your home looking spotless, but also restore your furniture to its former glory. Never again will you wonder how to have a clean home – you’ll just call us right away and we’ll go out of our way to make you happy!