The Dos and Don’ts of Vacation Rental Cleaning
How to clean your vacation rental before and after you leave. Vacation rental cleaning can be a daunting task, but if you follow these simple dos and don’ts, it can be a lot easier. Not only will your rental look its best, but you’ll also avoid any potential damage that could occur if the rental is not cleaned properly. Make sure to clean the floors, surfaces, windows and bathrooms before you leave. And don’t forget to take out the trash!
Cleaning a vacation rental before and after your stay is a necessary evil. But it doesn’t have to be such a chore! Vacation rentals can be a great way to save money on accommodations, but they can also be a lot of work to keep clean. Follow these simple tips to make sure your rental is clean and ready for your arrival, and that it’s just as neat and tidy when you leave as it was when you arrived!
Before you leave:
- Do clean the floors, surfaces, windows and bathrooms. A good vacuuming and mopping will do wonders for the overall appearance of your rental. It is also important to clean the windows and mirrors so that guests can enjoy the view.
- Do take out the trash. This seems like a no-brainer, but you’d be surprised how many people forget to do this simple task. Not only will it make your rental look cleaner, but it will also help to prevent any unwanted critters from taking up residence while you’re gone.
- Don’t forget to dust! Dusting is often overlooked when it comes to cleaning, but it’s actually one of the most important things you can do to keep your rental clean. Be sure to dust all surfaces, including ceiling fans, shelves and baseboards.
- Don’t neglect the windows. This will help to remove any built-up dirt and grime. It is also important to close and lock all windows before you leave, as this will help to keep the rental secure.
After you leave:
- Do a final walk-through of the rental. Once you’ve checked out of your rental, take a few minutes to do a final walk-through. This will help you to spot any missed areas that need to be cleaned.
- Do report any damage to the rental owner. If you notice any damage during your walk-through, be sure to report it to the rental owner right away. This will help to avoid any potential issues later on.
- Do leave a tip for the cleaning crew. If you were happy with the job the cleaning crew did, be sure to leave them a tip. This is a great way to show your appreciation for their hard work.
- Don’t leave any food behind. Any food that is left in the rental will attract pests, so be sure to throw away any open food items before you leave.
- Don’t leave dirty dishes in the sink. Be sure to wash all dishes and put them away before you leave. Leaving dirty dishes in the sink is not only unsightly, it can also attract bugs and other pests.
- Don’t forget to take out the trash. This seems like a no-brainer, but you’d be surprised how many people forget to do this simple task.
Following these simple tips will help to ensure that your vacation rental is clean and ready for your arrival, and that it’s just as neat and tidy when you leave as it was when you arrived!