How many times have you just slipped out of your bed and left it messy? How many times have you tripped over something lying on the floor in your bedroom? “Countless times,” you’ll say. While making their bedroom sparkle isn’t anyone’s favorite pastime activity, a nice and tidy bedroom is still crucial for your health and well-being.
For instance, if you sleep in a messy and stifling bedroom, you risk developing allergies. What’s more, the clutter around you will make you feel anxious and depressed, research has shown. Shocking, isn’t it? So, if you need help restoring order in your bedroom, experts who provide a reliable house cleaning service in Mid City, have supplied some useful tips. Read on to find out what they are!
What is the best way to clean your bedroom?
If you want to make your bedroom spick and span in no time, here are the steps you need to follow:
1. Devise an appropriate cleaning strategy
The biggest mistake you can make is to start cleaning without having a detailed plan. So make sure to consider all the chores you have to do before you jump in. Identify your tasks and try to gauge how much time they’ll take. Maybe it’s just a quick clean-up. Or it’s a serious deep clean if your room is in complete disarray.
2. Prepare your supplies
If you don’t want to waste time looking for misplaced sponges, mops, and buckets once you start scrubbing, gather everything you need for this mission beforehand. Also, when you choose cleaning solutions, make sure to opt for EPA-approved products that won’t compromise your health.
This is a crucial preparatory step. Experts emphasize its significance because if you pick up your clothes from the floor and return scattered items to where they belong, you’ll have immediate access to surfaces you need to deal with. Also, you won’t be distracted by your belongings as you clean.
4. Apply the top-to-bottom approach
The order in which you clean is essential too. What will happen if you change your sheets first and then start dusting the top of the closet? These fresh and nice-smelling sheets will get dirty again from all the falling dust. That’s why industry professionals advise applying the top-to-bottom approach.
Its name may sound too complicated and abstract, but it simply means you need to tackle the highest areas first. Here is how the entire process should look.
- The ceiling, fans, and ceiling light fixtures should be the first on your to-do list. Simply add a few drops of your favorite dish soap to warm water. Then, dampen your microfiber cloth, wring it carefully, as excess moisture can harm various surfaces. Wipe thoroughly, and finally, rinse with plenty of clean water.
- Next, deal with high corners, closet tops, walls, and picture frames. Again warm water and mild dish soap will suffice. Just make sure not to oversaturate, and rinse everything thoroughly.
- The bed comes next. See if you need to freshen your mattress with some baking soda. Then change the bedding.
- Then slowly move towards the floor. Vacuum it first, making sure to cover hard-to-reach areas, such as under the bed or behind the night table.
- Finally, mop it with warm water and dish soap, focus on making consistent moves, rinse it carefully, and let it air dry.
Who offers a reliable house cleaning service in Mid City?
Have a hard time restoring order in your home in Mid City? We totally understand you. Keeping a household tidy is challenging, especially if you have kids and pets. That’s why MaidThis is there for you! Just reach out, and we’ll send a trustworthy maid to deal with dirt and grime in your home while you take a walk at Mascot Park. Get in touch with us today!
Find A Location Near Me