For Residential Home Cleaning
For Vacation Rental Hosts
Cleaning Mirrors: All You Need to Know
You finally spruced up your home sweet home, and as you go down the hall proud of yourself for getting the job done, you glance at your reflection in your gilt-framed mirror hung up the wall, and you notice something. Oh, no! There are some unsightly streaks. But, you just cleaned it. How’s this possible?
In the following article, we’ll help you ensure the mirrors at your place in Hollywood, CA, are always shiny and streak-free by listing a few tried-and-true tricks experienced house cleaning professionals use to keep mirrors and other glass surfaces looking their best at all times. Read on to learn more!
Why do my mirrors streak when I clean them?
If you tried cleaning your mirrors, you probably noticed that sometimes you simply can’t get rid of unattractive marks on their surfaces. The more you rub with your cloth, the more mess you make.
Before you get frustrated, think about what you’re doing wrong. It can be two things: either you are using an improper cleaning solution, or your cloth leaves some kind of residue. So make sure to do the following:
- Check what product you are using. Make sure the product doesn’t contain any additives, like soaps, scents, and dyes, as these can leave traces on the surface.
- Don’t use an old rag or cloth for your mirrors. Instead, invest in a squeegee and microfiber cloths.
However, there is one more thing you need to be aware of: motions you make with your cloth. If they are circular, you can make the whole surface even messier.
How do you clean mirrors without streaks?
Now that you know what not to do when cleaning your mirrors, here’s what you need to do to get the best results:
- Choose the right cleaning product. Experts say you don’t need to rush to the store and buy expensive window-cleaning products loaded with harsh chemicals. You can easily make your own. Just mix one cup of white vinegar and one cup of water in a spray bottle. If you are not a DIY type of person, always opt for EPA-approved cleaning solutions.
- Apply the product to the entire surface, but don’t over-soak the mirror.
- Wipe the mirror down with a squeegee. Then use a microfiber cloth to get rid of any remaining moisture.
- If you don’t have a squeegee, you can use a microfiber cloth to wipe down the surface.
- Don’t make circular motions with your microfiber cloth, as this can cause static electricity which attracts dust. Instead, clean from top to bottom, or from side to side.
- Spot-clean as necessary. If you notice some persistent stains on your mirror, tackle them first. Apply the product to the problematic area, and gently wipe it off with a microfiber cloth.
What is the easiest way to clean a mirror?
Here is an easy 4-step guide for sparkling mirrors:
- Get your supplies ready. In addition to the white vinegar solution, you might need some rubbing alcohol for tougher stains.
- Treat stains first. Add a few drops of rubbing alcohol on the cloth and don’t scrub hard as you may damage the surface.
- Once you are done with the stubborn smudges, apply the cleaning product (white vinegar solution) to the whole surface.
- Wipe it off with a squeegee or a microfiber cloth and you’re done!
Where in Hollywood, CA, can I find reliable house cleaning experts?
If you are looking for a trustworthy cleaning partner for your home, you have come to the right place. MaidThis will send you a dependable professional who will make sure your house in Hollywood is sparkling clean at all times.
So, don’t worry about your stained walls, grimy hardwood surfaces, discolored bathroom tiles, or other dirty areas in your home. Leave everything to us, and enjoy your quiet moments at Hollywood Heritage Museum while your house is in our diligent hands. Schedule an appointment today!