10 Tips for Cleaning Airbnb
With the rise of Airbnb, more and more people are turning their homes into money-making ventures. But with this newfound opportunity comes a lot of responsibility—namely, keeping your Airbnb clean and inviting for your guests. Keeping an Airbnb sparkling clean is no easy task, but it’s essential to ensure that you have happy customers who will return time and again. In this article we’ll cover tips for effectively cleaning Airbnb from pre-arrival to post-departure, as well as other ways you can ensure your guests have the best experience possible. Whether you’re just getting started in the world of Airbnb or looking for new ways to improve upon what you already do, these ten tips will help keep your property spic and span while providing excellent customer service at the same time.
- Have a Cleaning Checklist: Before each guest arrival, make sure you have a thorough cleaning checklist in place that includes all of the necessary tasks for each room of your property. This will ensure nothing is overlooked and can help streamline the process so that it’s done quickly and efficiently.
- Deep Clean All Surfaces: Make sure to deep clean everything from walls to windows, floors to furniture—no surface should be left untouched! Dust, vacuum, mop, and sanitize all areas thoroughly before guests arrive so they don’t have any surprises upon their arrival.
- Change Bedding and Towels: Fresh linens are essential for providing an excellent guest experience. Make sure to always provide clean, fresh bedding and towels for your guests and launder them between each stay.
- Stock the Kitchen: Don’t forget about the kitchen! Clean the fridge, stock it with essential items like coffee, tea, and condiments, and make sure dishes are washed thoroughly before each guest arrives.
- Check Appliances: Before a new guest arrives, make sure all appliances are in working order—including TVs, air conditioning units, microwaves, etc. If anything is malfunctioning or broken down entirely replace it immediately so that your guests don’t have any issues during their stay.
- Address Emergencies Quickly: Life happens and things can go wrong! If anything breaks or needs to be replaced during a guest’s stay, take care of it as quickly as possible so that your guests can get back to enjoying their vacation.
- Follow Up After Check-Out: Once a guest checks out, make sure you follow up with them soon afterwards to ask if they had any issues during their stay and if there is anything you could improve upon in the future. This will help ensure a great customer experience and may even result in better reviews for your property.
- Allow Time Between Guests: Don’t rush cleanings between guests; make sure you allow yourself enough time to do each job thoroughly and properly. Your rushed cleanings might result in unhappy guests and bad online reviews.
- Invest in Cleaning Supplies: Investing in quality cleaning supplies will not only make your job easier, but it will also help ensure that you’re providing the best possible experience for your Airbnb guests.
- Hire a Professional Cleaner: If you find yourself with too much to do or just don’t have the time to clean properly between each guest, consider hiring a professional cleaner. They can take care of all the necessary tasks while you focus on customer service and marketing.