Most vacation rental hosts want to go the extra mile for their guests, but there’s one glaring amenity that often gets overlooked: The mattress. Although it’s great to provide your guests with snacks or other care packages, they likely won’t enjoy their stay as much if they can’t sleep well on your mattresses.
A good night’s rest is the foundation of a happy vacation. The mattress you provide can be the difference between a good review and a mediocre one.
You Need a New Mattress If…
To really evaluate your mattresses, you’ll need to actually sleep on them. You’ll want to consider replacing a mattress if:
- It’s over 8 years old
- You notice any visible lumps or sagging in the mattress surface
- You wake up with aches and pains after sleeping on it
- You toss and turn in your sleep or are unable to get comfortable
- Your allergies flare up
If you’re not sleeping well on your mattresses, chances are your guests aren’t, either. Regular mattress replacement is a must to guarantee that your guests feel rested and well-cared for.
How to Buy a New Mattress
A mattress can be a big investment, but you don’t have to spend a fortune if you don’t want to. There are plenty of affordable mattresses on the market today. The trick is to shop wisely in order to get your money’s worth.
When shopping for a new mattress, it’s important to consider a few factors. Price is a big one. Mattresses can easily run you into the thousands of dollars, so you should establish your budget beforehand in order to decide what you’re willing to invest.
The next thing to consider is whether you want a firm or soft mattress. Mattresses tend to become less firm over time, so you’ll get more bang for your buck if you opt for a firmer mattress at first. You can always purchase a mattress topper to use if your guests prefer a softer mattress.
Finally, you should buy your mattress from a company with a great return policy. You don’t want to be stuck with a mattress that your guests don’t love. Don’t be afraid to ask for feedback on the quality of their sleep so you’ll know if changes need to be made.
Mattress Vendor Suggestions
If you’re not sure where to start shopping for a new mattress, here are some places to look:
- Amazon: Believe it or not, you can secure quality mattresses on Amazon without spending a fortune. If you’re on a budget, this is a great place to start.
- Sleep Number: If you want to guarantee your guests’ comfort, opt for a customizable mattress like a Sleep Number. Since your guests will be able to adjust the settings to meet their own needs, you won’t have to worry about anyone finding your mattress too firm or too soft.
- Purple: Purple is taking the mattress world by storm. Their Smart Comfort Grid promises more comfort than standard memory foam for a science-backed sleeping experience.
- Overstock: Overstock.com offers name-brand mattresses such as Serta, Seely, or Tempur-Pedic for discounted prices. The site also offers coupons like free shipping to make your purchase more affordable.
- Local mattress stores: You can find great deals on mattresses by shopping local. It’s common for mattress stores to offer deep discounts around holidays or during a liquidation sale.
Your mattress matters more than you might think. Don’t underestimate the importance of a good night’s sleep. If your guests can’t get comfortable on your outdated mattress, they won’t be afraid to make it known.
Find A Location Near Me