Kitchen cabinets are one of the most expensive and eye-catching parts of any kitchen. So it really pays to make sure they look their best, especially if you regularly eat your meals or entertain guests in your kitchen. You won’t have unsightly stains on their surfaces, and when you open them, you’ll be pleased with what you see: everything being perfectly arranged and easily accessible.
While outsourcing your kitchen cabinet cleaning in Mar Vista to professional house cleaning services is by far the most effective way to keep them spotless, it still pays to learn how to do it on your own.
In the following article, we’ll provide you with some time-tested cleaning hacks that will help you keep your kitchen cabinets looking great at all times. Read on to learn more!
What is the best thing to clean your kitchen cabinets with?
So you finally decided to deal with your kitchen cabinets, but you’re not sure which cleaning products to use? Believe it or not, good old liquid dish soap is usually more than enough for this purpose!
It works as a degreaser perfectly fine, and it’s not abrasive so you can use it on numerous surfaces safely (laminate, stainless steel, wood, etc.). You just need to mix a few drops of your favorite liquid dish soap and warm water, take a few clean microfiber cloths, and you’re ready to go.
If you’re dealing with some hardened grease, just grab some baking soda. Make a thick paste (combine equal parts baking soda and water in a bowl), apply it to the problematic spots with a soft cloth, and rub gently. Don’t forget to rinse everything off and dry with a clean microfiber cloth.
How do you clean kitchen cabinets without removing the finish?
Making your kitchen cabinets shiny seems relatively simple. You just need to wipe the surfaces with soapy water and rinse. What’s so complicated about that? But this is just a catch. There are actually so many things that could go wrong, and you can easily ruin your cabinets if you’re not careful enough.
Here’s how to clean your kitchen cabinets without damaging the finish finish:
- Never scrape visible grease or grime as it will scratch the finish.
- Make sure to rub gently and don’t use any abrasive sponges and brushes.
- When applying baking soda, bear in mind it’s mildly abrasive, so don’t press too hard and spot test beforehand.
- Don’t oversaturate the surfaces with your cleaning solution, as excessive moisture can damage wooden and laminate surfaces.
- Make sure to rinse thoroughly with a dampened clean cloth, as soap residue can react with stainless steel and laminate.
- Some people use vinegar around their house (for deep cleaning their fridges, wiping their countertops, or cleaning their microwave), but be careful with it while dealing with your cabinets, as its acidity can damage wood and stainless steel surfaces. Be sure to wipe it off completely.
Where in Mar Vista can I book the top house cleaning services?
So what should you do if you really don’t have time and energy to tackle the dirt in your house, or if you’d just rather do something else, such as visit the Griffith Observatory with your loved ones?
The good news is, MaidThis can help. We cooperate with highly qualified and experienced cleaning professionals from Mar Vista who’ll do everything to make your home fresh and clean. Give us a call and forget about tiresome housework today!
Find A Location Near Me