Look at your kitchen sink. You aren’t impressed by what you see, are you? There are some unsightly smudges, and you can only see traces of its original shine. How did that happen? Well, you should always keep an eye on your kitchen sink because, if neglected, it can easily become a paradise for germs.
So how can you keep your kitchen sink neat? Experts in house cleaning from Los Feliz are there to help! Today, they offer valuable advice on how to make your sink look squeaky clean all-year-round. Read on!
What is the best thing to clean a sink with?
When it comes to kitchen sink maintenance, you should distinguish between daily and weekly cleaning. Consider the following:
To keep your kitchen sink hygienic, you need to wash it after every use. For this purpose, you’ll need some dish soap, a soft sponge, and a few dry microfiber cloths.
Dish soap is a special kind of soap that contains high-foaming surfactants. These compounds reduce the tension between two liquids, between a gas and a liquid, or between a liquid and a solid.
That’s why dish soap is an effective degreaser that can be used for many surfaces, including your sink. On top of that, it’s environmentally friendly and doesn’t leave any toxic residue.
Your daily kitchen sink cleaning routine should include:
- Rinse the sink with hot water, and then add a few drops of dish soap onto a slightly wet soft sponge.
- Wipe your sink with it. Pay attention to all the crevices, especially around the drain and garbage disposal stoppers, and where the sink meets the counter. Make sure to tend to the faucet too.
- Finally, rinse everything and wipe with a dry microfiber cloth.
Once a week, give your sink a baking soda and white vinegar treatment. Baking soda is a gentle abrasive that can remove gunk and dislodge greasy residues. It also eliminates odors and helps keep your sink drain fresh-smelling.
In addition to being a natural cleaner, distilled white vinegar is also a disinfectant, and you can use it on sinks and many other surfaces around your house. Baking soda and white vinegar combo will make your sink sparkle again. So let’s see what the entire process entails.
How do I get my sink to shine again?
To make your sink look new again, follow this simple guide:
- Starting from the top, rinse the whole sink with hot water.
- Spread baking soda all over the wet sink and the faucet area.
- Scrub the surfaces gently in the direction of the grain, following the sink faint lines. Make sure to reach every nook and cranny, including the drain opening.
- Pour white vinegar over the baking soda and wait. Baking soda and white vinegar will start to react, and you’ll notice some bubbling and fizzing.
- Once it stops, rinse thoroughly with hot water.
- Grab a clean microfiber cloth and dry.
- You can follow the above steps to deal with your grimy bathroom sink too.
- If your sink is made of porcelain, copper, granite, or cast iron sink, skip white vinegar and baking soda. Instead, wash your sink with dish soap and water.
Where can I book a reliable house cleaning in Los Feliz?
Don’t know how to get rid of limescale? Have no idea how to clean grout buildup? MaidThis cooperates with industry professionals who can do this for you and much more. They are qualified and equipped to ensure your ultimate satisfaction.
Just make an appointment, grab your kids, and head to the Los Angeles Zoo while the professionals take care of the cleaning. When you return, you’ll notice a real difference in your Los Feliz house. Call us today!
Find A Location Near Me