Pets introduce joy into your life with their playfulness and positive energy. But, they also introduce something else: hair, dander, and unpleasant odors. If you happen to neglect your house for a few days, it can smell like a pet store.
And, did you know this fact: pet dander can stay in a home for 4-7 months after a pet is gone? So how can you keep your living place tidy and nice-smelling when pets are around? Professionals who offer maid service in Studio City and the area provide valuable advice. Keep reading to learn more!
How do you keep your house smelling fresh when you have pets?
Pet owners know how their houses can get smelly quickly, especially if pets spend a lot of time indoors. But there is a way out. With a few eco-friendly tricks, you can get rid of unpleasant smells and make your home odor-free.
- Take care of your pet’s hygiene. Groom your dog every day and wash it once a week with plain water and use a pet shampoo from time to time (as recommended by your vet). Also, keep your pet’s paws and ears clean. This way, you’ll reduce odor and keep your pets less susceptible to infections.
- Ensure proper air ventilation. Pet dander is a biological pollutant, and it can lower indoor air quality. So, replace HVAC filters regularly and open windows as much as possible.
- Dust, vacuum, sweep, and mop as often as possible. Unfortunately, there’s no magic trick to make all pet-related dirt disappear. Some elbow grease is required.
- Sprinkle baking soda on rugs, carpets, pillows, upholstery, and other bad-smelling fabrics. Let it sit for 15 minutes, then vacuum, and all the odors will be gone. If you still notice some pet smell, repeat the procedure as many times as necessary.
- Wash pet toys, baskets, and cushions regularly. You can also rotate your dog’s toys to have time to clean them periodically and prolong their life.
- Wash your bedding more often if your pets like to sleep with you.
- Protect your furniture with waterproof, washable covers and wash them once a week. This way, you’ll eliminate the prevailing pet odor and protect your furniture from wear and tear.
- Deal with pet stains immediately. White vinegar is ideal for this purpose. Simply apply it to the stained area. If the vinegar smell bothers you, add a few drops of your favorite essential oil.
- If you need to neutralize the pet odor on your clothing, grab some vinegar and baking soda. Pour white vinegar on the clothes, add baking soda, and put everything in the washing machine. Set it on cold or lukewarm water, and don’t use any detergents.
How often should you clean your house with pets?
There’s no universal answer if you wonder how often you should clean your home with pets. It all depends on the size and the number of your pets and how much mess they make daily.
You’ll have to vacuum and dust every day, for sure. But if you’ve cleaned in the morning and then in the afternoon, but still notice some hair on your carpet, it’s better to vacuum again than to leave it for tomorrow.
Also, treat pet stains as soon as you notice them, as they can really emanate a nasty smell.
Where can I find a reliable maid service in Studio City & the vicinity?
House cleaning has always been a part of people’s lives. These days, with all other obligations on your plate, keeping your house tidy is more challenging than ever. Luckily, MaidThis is there to save your day.
We offer various clearly defined services specially designed to match your lifestyle. Enjoy hiking at Fryman Canyon Park while the cleaning specialist we send in makes your home fresh and healthy. Book today!